How’s it going? Enjoying the Spring? I am loving it :)
The warm weather feels great and wearing lighter clothes too, do you agree?
One great item for the mid-season is the blazer.
Blazers are a classic and timeless piece.
They make ANY outfit look more sophisticated and pulled together.
And blazers are very versatile, you can wear them in any situation: they’re ideal for work, look great for everyday and even for an event.
They’re not the most comfortable piece in the world (most blazers are structured), but if you choose the right size and fabric you will look and feel amazing!
Maybe you think that a blazer is a “serious” piece, that you can only wear for the office. But that’s not true at all! There are many ways to wear a blazer and look relaxed and fun. It depends on the style of the blazer, and what you’re wearing with it.
- For a more casual, trendy vibe, cuff the sleeves or push them up.
- If you like a more casual style, choose a boyfriend blazer (it’s longer and larger than classic blazers). If you want to look more chic choose a classic blazer (fitted and with a defined waist).
- To make it real easy choose a blazer in a neutral tone like black, navy, white, grey or beige. It will look great with everything.
8 Ways to Wear a Blazer
Here are some current ways to wear the blazer.
1. With Skinny (or Straight Leg) Jeans + Tee
It looks trendy and it’s easy to wear. It instantly transforms the look from super casual to casual-chic. Extra style points if you wear distressed jeans.
2. With a Full Skirt
3. With Pants + Feminine Top
Balance the masculine pieces with a feminine top.
4. With Shorts
The blazer shouldn’t be longer than the end of the shorts.
5. With a Chic Dress
For a formal event choose a rich fabric (like velvet or a shiny fabric) and a classic cut. These luxe blazers can make you look more chic and fashion. You can also wear your chic dress with a more relaxed boyfriend blazer to an event (or in a more casual setting).
6. With a Relaxed Dress
Short or long, choose a loose dress.
7. Most Trendy: Colorful Blazer
A colorful blazer is a trend this season and a statement piece because of the bright color. It looks relaxed and fun. Wear it with neutral, simple pieces and let the blazer shine. Pink is hot now!
8. Most Trendy: White Blazer
It looks great with a white top and pants in any color.
“In the game of fashion, one thing’s always true: a blazer polishes off an outfit perfectly.” Girl with Curves
Share with Us
Do you like blazers? How do you usually wear them?
After reading this post, are you going to style your blazers differently? How?