This is one of those questions I get asked a lot:
“I always wear jeans and sneakers. How can I change my style and look more sophisticated?”
Many women have a very casual, sporty style in their teens (they usually wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers) – simple and comfortable.
When they’re no longer teenagers and/or start to work, they want to change the way they dress, but they don’t identify with the classic style (straight leg pants, shirts, pencil skirts, blazers, …)
Is this you?
If it is, don’t worry, help is on the way ;)
It’s really easy to have a more chic, sophisticated, elegant style, and keep wearing the casual pieces you love so much (and that’s great because I also LOOOOVE casual pieces).
The problem is that jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, cargo pants, and so on, are sporty/casual pieces and when you only wear those kind of pieces you get a style that is… too casual!
It’s great for teenagers or a weekend but it’s not appropriate for all occasions or for the office.
What’s the solution?
Very simple. You like casual pieces. You want to look more chic. You need the casual chic style.
To recreate it have to combine your casual pieces with other classic or sophisticated items.
How to Recreate a Casual Chic Look
Follow two steps:
1. Choose 1 or 2 casual (or sporty) pieces to wear
- Sporty Pieces: sneakers, t-shirts, striped pieces, any piece associated with sports, etc.
- Casual Pieces: jeans, any denim piece, leggings, cargo pants, large and relaxed pieces (tops, knits, dresses), flowing dresses or in a casual fabric like cotton, flat boots or ankle boots, etc.
2. Combine with sophisticated or classic pieces / accessories
- Classic Pieces: blazer, chanel jacket, pencil skirt, straight classic pants, shirts, classic dresses (like a shirt dress), classic shoes (ballet flats, pumps, closed-toe shoes), etc.
- Sophisticated Pieces: any piece in a more chic fabric (silk, leather, fur, …), pieces with a sophisticated or fashionable style (asymmetric, peplum), sophisticated shoes (high-heels, stilletos or embelished sandals), structured pieces (jackets), feminine pieces.
- Accessories: handbags, earrings, stacked rings or bracelets, a big cocktail ring, bib necklace or statement necklace, sunglasses, leather belts, etc.
Casual + Classic Pieces
Combine your casual pieces with a fur coat or jacket, blazer, cardigan, chanel style jacket, ballet flats, straight skirt, feminine shirt, pumps, trench coat, knee-high boots, classic trousers.
Blazers & Other classic style jackets
Casual + Sophisticated Pieces
Combine your casual pieces with leather pants or leggings, beautiful tops, asymmetric tops, a maxi skirt, high-heels, embellished flats, leather jackets.
Beautiful & Chic Tops
High-Heels & Embellished Flats
Leather Jackets or Vests
Casual + Accessories
Handbags, Sunglasses, Scarfs, Bracelets, Earrings, Necklaces, Belts, Hats
What about you?
Do you like the casual chic style? How will you wear it?
Get Stylish and Confident
Dramatically Improve Your Image and Style in the Next 24 Hours + Get email updates delivered directly to your inbox, every week.