A trench coat is one of those items that every woman NEEDS to have in her wardrobe!
Here are some of the reasons a trench is ssssooooooo awesome:
- It’s a classic but it also has a military style (the first trench coat was created for the British Army in 1879, by Thomas Burberry. It kept it’s original form through the years). Isn’t that cool?
- It makes any outfit look more sophisticated and pulled together
- It’s easy to wear because it goes well with everything
- It’s ideal for Spring and Autumn and the rain (but you can also wear it on a sunny day)
- It’s pretty comfortable
- This Spring it’s one of the must-have pieces
- And I am only getting started ;)
3 Tips for a Trench Coat
- If you don’t have a trench yet, start with a classic style in beige or black (you can see the classic style on the photo on top). If you already have the basic trench, you can invest in a trendy style like a trench with black leather sleeves, a bright color or different fabric/details or even a sleeveless trench.
- Use a trench to add polish to your outfit but don’t wear it only with other classic pieces – you will look too conservative!
- If you want to call attention to your curves, wear your trench closed or open with the belt tied around your waist. For a relaxed vibe wear the trench open (you can tie the belt at the back to give it more shape)
Who Can Wear a Trench?
It looks great on everyone. When you’re buying a trench coat choose the right style for you. It should end above the knee especially if you’re not tall, and it should fit properly. Button it up fully and look at the shoulder seam (it should end where your shoulder ends) and the sleeve length. If you have a belly don’t tie your belt too tight, or wear your trench open.
Where to Wear a Trench Coat?
You can wear it everywhere! It’s great for the office because it’s a classic piece but you can wear it in any occasion. If you’re going to an event, combine it with more trendy pieces or original accessories so you don’t look too conservative or boring.
Where to Buy a Trench?
You can buy them at Zara, Mango, H&M, Top Shop, Net-a-Porter, …
Get This Loook
Mid-length gabardine trench coat: Burberry London
Grey Sweatshirt: Modekungen
Slim Signature crinkled silk-chiffon shirt: Equipment
Leather-paneled stretch-jersey leggings: DKNY
Zara Black Ankle Boots: Zara
More Trench Looks
With Skinny Pants
Dresses (or Skirts)
Trench coats look great with dresses and skirts, especially if they’re short or knee-length. A dress + rain boots + trench coat is a great option for facing the rain in style.
Different Style or Fabric
The trench coat is an iconic piece and both celebrities and stylists love it! Through out the years, it was worn by the biggest movie stars, in some of the best films. The trench coat became a must have for every stylish woman.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Take it One Step Further
In the comments below answer the following two questions and learn about Your personal style:
1. Which of the looks above is your favorite?
2. What do you like about it?
Don’t forget to take action, it’s the only way you’ll start changing your personal style!
P.S. If you liked this, please share it!
Get the free chapter "10 Styling Rules to Create Amazing Outfits", from my style e-book