How can it be easy?
That was the question that a coach I worked with asked me. Probably after I spent an hour telling her how my life was so hard ;)
In that first call of a mindset program I did, my coach asked me one of the most important questions of all the program (that lasted for a whole year): How can it be easy?
I think I never had asked myself that question. And I didn’t even know that it was available!
That was a breakthrough moment for me.
Because that’s when I realised that I just had (and sometimes still have) a tendency to make my life harder than it needs to be.
When I spend my life saying that this is complicated, hard, I can’t deal with this and so on… what do you think is going to happen?
I’m going to create more of that, of course.
And that’s what I was creating – a hard, complicated life where I just kept getting more complicated situations (or so it seemed).
Here’s an example of how I made things harder then they needed to be…
Recently I was looking for a house in Lisboa but the truth is that when I had the opportunity to buy one that was pretty good (and that happened a couple of times), and I had to give my final answer, I just couldn’t say yes.
I felt really confused but the confusion was created by me.
There was no confusion really, and I knew the answer, but I just couldn’t admit it to myself. I was complicating the situation of being in Alcochete. I was making things harder then they had to be.
Because I spent all my time talking about all the negative things of living in Alcochete, without looking at the greatest advantage of all: Having a great house with almost everything I want, just 20 minutes away from Lisbon.
So, when the opportunity came to be in Lisbon in a pretty good house, I couldn’t do it because really, I wasn’t willing to give up the comfort of my house in Alcochete.
I love living in a house instead of an apartment, having a big exterior space, and lots of space inside the house, lots of sun, a beautiful view, etc. :)
So how was I making it hard instead of easy?
Here are some examples:
- I complained about the ride to school being very long, without seeing that we only get traffic after we enter in Lisbon. An easy solution: I started listening to podcasts and I enjoy my time. And there are more solutions like working in Expo which is in Lisbon but near Alcochete.
- I complained that I couldn’t come home earlier, but of course that I have solutions to do that and I don’t even want to do it because when I arrive home I just want to eat and do nothing at all ;)
- I complained that the kids want to go out in Lisbon, without realising that they can use public transports.
- And so on.
When we’re just looking at the problems, at how it’s hard, how can we find the solutions and how it’s easy?
I was making my life much harder then it needs to be, just by focusing on the hard things. And that also makes it impossible to find the solutions!!!
So I started to look at:
- What is easy?
- How can this be easy?
In any situation, you can see the negative or the positive. What’s hard and what’s easy.
What are you going to choose?
Believe me, it’s much better to choose what’s easy ;) Then your whole life will feel better.
I could have decided to complicate my life and go to live in Lisbon in a house that I didn’t really love and that didn’t have everything I want and still have the same (or other) problems.
But I chose to stay in a house I love (for the time being, at least ;)) and to start to find ways to make the “problems” easy.
I know my life became much easier as soon as I made that decision.
What about you?
How can it be easy for you?
Share in the comments or send me an email!
P.S. Have you entered the meditate to manifest your desires challenge?
We are starting soon – next Monday, December 3rd, to be more precise!!!
If you’d like to:
- Have a meditation practice
- Feel less anxious and calmer
- Find solutions to your problems (or growth opportunities)
- Have ideas and get inspired every day
- See how is your life through your 2.0 version (that already has everything you desire)
- Use mediation to manifest your desires…
Can’t wait to start!!!!
Get the free chapter "10 Styling Rules to Create Amazing Outfits", from my style e-book